Sunday, April 11, 2010

The slip

Well, it was bound to happen. Alex is a week away from his 3rd Birthday, and today he said something that really shouldn't come out of a 3 year old's mouth, but quite frequently comes from his 30 year old father's mouth.
Today we were at a fish store and Alex grabbed the magnetic algae scraper that was on one of the tanks. He pulled the outside piece off and the inside piece floated to the top. That's when he says it:

"Oh shit."

So, now what do I do? I can't really repremand him for saying something I say... unless I make a decided decission not to use that language. OK, done and done, right?

Well, here's the problem. I don't really see a problem with the word 'shit'. I mean, it happens, right? I have a choice here: give into social pressures and correct our language; or, do I continue to live and speak in the freedom that I have and feel. I'm sure my wife will have something to say about it... and Alex's grandparents... and our friends - I mean God forbid he pass this on to their kids!

All I could really do at the store is laugh to myself in amusement. Out of the mouths of babes!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jenn said...

All I did was laugh...and then remember that he now calls things "stupid" when he's frustrated, just like mom. Oh, the memories...

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I would be very entertained to hear this come out of Alex's mouth hehe

6:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH SHIT!! lol lol where does it all begin....

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home