Friday, March 23, 2007

The Final Countdown

We had our final prenatal class the other day (hey...has anyone noticed that with a simple move of the letter 'a' in 'prenatal' you get 'parental'?). The highlight of the evening was definitely the birthing videos, up close and personal. Some of those kids just shot out like a cork out of a champagne bottle! After many MANY hours of labour, of course.

The most fascinating part of the watching the videos was Jason's face. I've NEVER seen his eyes bug out of his head so far, and he just kept saying "woah!" like it was the coolest thing ever. I really wasn't sure whether I should watch him or the video!

We both have talked about how these classes were the best $65 we could have spent to learn more about childbirth, postpartum, etc. The fee even included a book which is Canadian and quite good. No fearmongering, no opinions, just information.

Peanut is getting a little more squished now, kicking and moving quite regularly. I don't feel beat up quite yet, but have had to push feet, bum, whatever parts they are down and away from my ribs a few times.

3 Comments:

Blogger J Man said...

I gained a new appreciation for my wife after watching those videos! She's better than any superhero!

12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when Jack was almost ready to come out. He regularly put his bum in my ribs, it was so hard to drive! But I lived and so will you. Nicole

11:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes women really are the STRONGER sex no arguing after witnessing the BIRTH of a BABY..(really HOW DOES IT FIT THROUGH THERE?)..good for you J.......now you know why we say Men have the "easy" part of creation....lol Jenn is an amazing woman (humor, wisdom and looks GREAT) and no doubt will be an amazing mother...enjoy each other..and of course Peanut..hugs M

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home