Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Can we call you, Dadoo?"

What am I going to do when my kid learns about Cartoon Saturday? Does it even exist, anymore? I remember the days of Bugs Bunny, Ninja Turtles, The Disney Afternoon (Mike Soble can do anything!), etc. When I do some channel surfing on Saturdays, I don't see anything that looks good. They had a good Spider Man cartoon for a while, and Transformers... I think it was called Beast Wars, or something like that; but, they don't seem to be around any more.
What's a dad to do? Should I just start searching the net to download all the great classics? Maybe they'll have good cartoons by the time my kid's 3 or 4... I dunno. Or, maybe I should raise my kid to not like TV - they can be some kind of nature nut, or super athlete, or something like that. Maybe I'll be rich by then, and can afford a retro cartoon channel - I think Teletoon used to have retro times, playing the classics... One can hope!

2 Comments:

Blogger kanadians in korea said...

these are great questions ... and the answers are tough to find, i can understand... i say download the classics. tv stuff is scary these days... frighteningly shallow and crude. that's my two-cents :)

12:16 AM

 
Blogger J Man said...

Yeah, I hear ya, Em. Not at all like the Coyete's obsession with the Roadrunner! :P

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home