Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dad... When does it start?

So, when do I start being a Dad? I see other people's blogs, and they've got pics of Dad & Kid, Dad & Mom & Kid, Dad & Grandparents & Kid, Dad putting together the furniture (then carefully putting kid in, praying that it doesn't collapse!)... Does "Dadding" have to wait 'til Peanut actually shows himself to the world?

Hmmm....

They say the kid can hear now. Maybe I should start telling it crude jokes while Mom is sleeping. Can you imagine Peanuts 1st words ending in the punchline, "Hey! I didn't say 12" pianist!" I'd just shake my head and say, "You are a 12" pianist," while Mom says, "WHAT??!!"

I need to get a set of headphones to put up to Mom's belly so that I make sure Peanut comes out with a good taste in music. The last thing I want to hear in 10-12 years is today's Top 40 at 100db. Let's get this kid lovin Clasic Rock right from the get-go! Sure, their friends will say, "You like Bon Jovi?! But, they're so ooollllddd!" but, it'll definitely make home-life a lot better. Just looking out for what's best for the family. :)

So, I guess I don't have to wait to start my Daddy duties - I just have to be creative! Yay, Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home